Saturday, November 7, 2009

3. Person vs Fame


In my process essay, I had written about a man called Sinisa Savija, who committed suicide after he had been voted off in a reality show. Now I learned that he is not the only one dying because of a reality show and 7 deaths has occured in 13 years. Scott Amedure is one of them, who was murdered by his friend Jon Schmitz. Amedure confesses that he is attracted to his friend Schmitz in "The Jenny Jones Show" and tells more about his feelings within Jenny Jones's insistence. After a few days, Schmitz gets bored about the jokes made by his other friends about being gay and murders Scott Amedure.


After the murder, Amedure's family sues Jenny Jones and she gets accused of provoking the murder. It is really pathetic to use people's feelings in case of having a little more rating and any amount of money cannot be compared to the worth of a human beings life.




4 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember this incident! If I'm not mistaken, this was the first time someone was murdered after a talk show in the USA.

    I so agree with you, it is pathetic...Jerry Springer is the epitome of evil, if you ask me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sued the show, Warner and the producers Telepictures and won. The case was later over-turned however... Politics in the Michigan Supreme Court.

    Best regards,

    Frank Amedure

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, there is some details on WIKIpedia about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your comment, I am really glad you won and I hope that kind of incidents do not ever happen again.

    ReplyDelete