Friday, February 26, 2010

1. Turkish "The Graduate"


Last week, I watched the movie, "The Graduate", before we have watched it in the class, and it was a quite interesting coincidence. I liked the movie but the most enjoyable parts of the movie was the screams of Benjamin's mother, those made me really laugh.


Then I searched about the movie on the internet and learned some interesting points. For example, Dustin Hoffman, was 30 years old while he was playing a 20-year-old boy, and Mrs. Robinson was 36 years old in 1967, Anne Bancroft was looking older with a special make up she had.


But the most interesting part was the turkish version of "The Graduate": "Mahçup Delikanlı". The script and the places are almost the same with the original and filmed in 1974. There are of course differences between the two movies, for example in the turkish version, main boy has an affair with the girl's sister, not with her mother. But I think, both are very good movies.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh, how interesting! I had read that Anne Bancroft was only 36 and just couldn't believe it, but I didn't realise she was wearing makeup...

    Can you say more about this Turkish film? My friend told me there's a Turkish version of pretty much all famous films :))..

    ReplyDelete
  2. But this one is not as horrible as the turkish version of "The Exorcist" :)

    http://video.eksenim.mynet.com/mahcupdelikanli80/mahcup_delikanli/131667/

    In this link you can see a part of "Mahçup Delikanlı", starting with the scene in which Metin(Benjamin) tells his parents he is going to find Sema(Elaine) and marry her.

    ReplyDelete